The main differences between the Pro Yellow and other skin rejuvenation lasers has to do with wavelength and the available pulse duration adjustments of each desired wavelength. In other words, different laser wavelengths (colors of light) target different skin issues, providing the physician can match the proper wavelength with the proper pulse durations to achieve the desired clinical endpoint without affecting the surrounding tissue.
Traditionally, the most commonly used laser wavelength for the treatment of pigmented lesions (such as sun spots & age spots) and vascular lesions (or unsightly veins) has been the 532nm laser, or green laser light.
Green lasers provide very good results in skin types I to III, but 532nm is no longer the ideal wavelength (or color) for targeting vascular lesions for skin types 1-IV.
- The ideal wavelength is 577nm, or yellow light and until the North American debut in 2014, a pure yellow laser of sufficient power for skin rejuvenation was not available. That is until the debut of the QuadroStar ProYellow laser, the industry’s first 577nm pure yellow laser for skin rejuvenation.
The Pro Yellow wavelength (577nm) provides the best absorption when treating blood vessels. Compared to the standard green wavelength (532nm), the yellow wavelength is able to produce 40% higher absorption in blood. This translates to less required power during treatment, which in turn provides a number of significant advantages, including:
- • Minimal risk of side effects, such as burns or pigmentation change
• Ability to treat vascular lesions at much lower power than 532nm lasers
• Ability to safely treat darker skin types, which is not typical for 532nm lasers
• Ability to provide fractional laser scanning for rejuvenation on skin types I to V
- • Ability to provide fractional laser scanning for rosacea on skin types I and up
• Ability to safely treat vascular lesions on skin types I to IV
• Ability to simultaneously treat both the VEGF and mid to epidermal melasma
• Ability to safely treat pigmented lesions up to skin type V
- The majority of visible unwanted skin spots, discoloration or redness (blood vessels), are rooted in a deeper vascular network of veins that that extend beyond the treatable depth of traditional green (532nm) lasers. Not addressing these areas can result in recurrence and the inability to effectively treat deeper pigmented and vascular issues.
The Pro Yellow laser penetrates deeper than standard green lasers, simultaneously addressing both visible lesions and underlying vessels. This also allows for safe treatment of a wider variety of indications for both light and dark skin types.
A Wide Variety of Treatment Options
- • melasma/brown spots
• fractionated rejuvenation/antiaging
• benign moles
• cherry angioma (red spots)
• lentigines/sun spots
• poikiloderma of civatte
• port wine stains (vascular birthmarks)
• erythema post-acne
• Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
• pyogenic granuloma
• rosacea (diffuse facial redness)
- • scar revision
• sebaceous hyperplasia (dilated oil glands)
• seborrheic keratosis
• skin tags
• spider nevus
• spider angioma
• venous lake (blue spots)
• verruca vulgaris (warts)
• xanthelasma (cholesterol deposits on skin)